What's the Scoop??? My Blog, Reinvented

by 8/23/2015 0 comments
A very few years back, when I first decided that I wanted to be the author of a book blog, I knew I wanted it look WOW. I also knew that I knew nothing about the project I was undertaking. I'm not very techy. But I asked some other helpful bloggers some questions and doggedly set out to create My Devastating Reads. I searched the internet high and low for ways to make the blog look better, and refined the organization of my posts. I had something I could work with.

For a while. I needed to improve. So I did. I've kept refining and polishing the look of my blog, changed widgets and features, spending hours learning simple code for a couple of things I wanted on my blog, and I found a look that worked for me. I think I had pretty much reached the extent of what I could to make my blog polished and readable, but although I really liked the look and feel of my blog, there was this niggle in the back of my mind that it wasn't quite as smooth as I wanted it to be.

What's a blogger to do? I've never been willing to pay someone to create a look for me, and I wasn't about to start. I did, however seek a higher power, someone who knows a heck of a lot more about techy stuff than I do. So we set about trying out some templates we found online. And while the blog looked nice, the organization that I had so carefully set about organizing was now very disorganized and messy. So, on one hand I was gaga about the look, on the other I was all:

Picture is not my own work
Which was not cool. I was prepared do so some editing, but some of it was just going to be the way it was and that meant my cool look had to go. And then, we had a thought. That thought was not my own, but it was brilliant and it did mean that I could have an awesome new look for my blog. The look you currently see is the result of that brilliant idea, and I'm very happy to have had my blog reinvented. I have never settled for a look for my blog, each time I fixed it up, I loved it. And I totally adore this look. It's the kind of blog I wanted, but didn't really think I could ever have. I'm giddy about it and I hope you like it as much as I do.

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: