Feature Favourite: Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

by 6/28/2015 0 comments
I decided to share a YA book I loved with you all today. YA is a genre that I still enjoy to read. I don't read as much of it as I would like however, as there are too many books and far too little time to read them. But this one really stands out for me, and I did love it so it deserves to be Featured.


Lament
Series: Books of Faerie 
Author: Maggie Stiefvater

The Novel: I really loved this book. The prose drew me in and the characters and story were exquisitely crafted. I mean, exquisitely. The novel simply made me shudder and it was hard to put down. This novel lingered in my mind long after I was done. I've been an idiot for not reading the second book sooner. An absolute idiot. I think what made this book so magical for me was how it all fit together so seamlessly and every word was like a chord of music perfectly struck to create weave a song, (or in this case story) in your mind. It was alive and vital, and that made this book both devastating and unforgettable. The raw emotion just oozed off the page, and it wasn't angst. It just was, and for an author to write that so perfectly is a rare thing I find. I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good fantasy because it's so well written it doesn't feel young. It feels old and magical. And that makes it excellent reading.

The Series: So far, there are only two books to the series, of which Lament is the first. It appears there will be a third however, and that is exciting. I ought get busy reading the second one already. The series is about an unrequited love, and dangerous faeries. It changes the two young characters, Dee, and James.

The Author: I'll start off by saying she is clearly very talented but is her website ever fascinating! She's clearly a woman of many talents. I'm just going to link it for you because I couldn't say anything about this author that would be as authentic as her own site is. Maggie's story. says it all.

Happy Reading
Jewels

Jewels E

Author

I'm a thirty something girl who loves to read, write and dream. Because I'm so addicted to the written word in all its forms, I created this blog to share the books that devastate me with you.

0 comments: